PRINCE'S TOXICOLOGY REPORTS REVEAL CAUSE OF DEATH
A toxicology report from Prince's autopsy shows he had what multiple experts called an "exceedingly high" concentration of fentanyl in his body when he died. Fentanyl, a synthetic opioid 50 times more powerful than heroin, is what the late singer accidentally overdosed on when he was found alone and unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park estate on April 21, 2016.
Experts who are not connected to the Prince investigation said the numbers leave no doubt that fentanyl killed him. "The amount in his blood is exceedingly high, even for somebody who is a chronic pain patient on fentanyl patches," said Dr. Lewis Nelson, chairman of emergency medicine at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School.