|Interview with Singer/Songwriter Marilyn Ford|
1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from?
My name is Marilyn Ford. Im from Chino Hills, CA. Im a singer songwriter who makes music about the pain and joy I experience throughout my love life.
2. When was the first time you noticed that you had a voice/talent?
I was performing at a venue in Long Beach one time when I was 19 years old. At the end of my set I started singing a song I wrote acapella, I didn’t have music for it at that time. The song was pretty deep, it was a love song about the worst kind of betrayal that could happen to a person. As I was singing, there was a moment when I looked in the crowd of 50 or so people and realized I had everybody’s attention, they were all watching and even started singing the song with me. That was when I realized my singing and writing talent actually had potential, that people would be willing to really listen to my music.
3. If you had the chance to be signed to a major record label, would you sign?
I would sign to a major record label if they offered me a fair deal.
4. How do you describe your music? What genre would you be classified under?
My music is under the genre of contemporary R&B. It mixes elements of R&B,Pop, and Soul music. If my music were on a Pandora, you could find me on the Adele, Sam Smith, Jhene Aiko, and Amy Winehouse stations.
5. Who's your favorite artist of all time and why?
This question is always so hard to answer. But if I could choose one, it would be Mariah Carey because she’s so dope. She wrote so many of her own songs and I respect that. Her voice was incredible when she was in her prime and she also had the best songs that no matter how many times I’ve listened, they still never get old. I love her!
6. If you could work with one artist ( dead or alive) who would it be?
I would chose Adele. She’s so amazing and she’s a great songwriter. I'd love to just sit with her and write a song together.
7. Do you have any upcoming projects that we should be on the lookout for?
Yes! I have a project I’m working on that I'll be releasing in April 2018. I think my listeners are going to love it. Its going to be about all the things we go through after a breakup.
8. How can we access your music?
My music is currently only available through Youtube.
9. If we want to book you for a show how can we get in contact with you?
You can email me at email@example.com or call/text me (909)833-5156
Listen to Marilyn Ford's newest tracks here then shoot on over to her YouTube page to check out her other videos!
Keep up with Marilyn Ford: